This tutorial will help you to configure Microsoft Outlook 2007-2010 for your Email email account.
1) To create new account in Outlook, first go to the tab ˜File. Click on ˜Account Settings and choose ˜Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
2) Click ˜New in the new window
3) Choose the option ˜Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click ˜Next
4) Choose ˜Internet E-mail and click ˜Next
5) Enter the following settings in the corresponding fields:
Your Name: the name of your account in Outlook
E-mail Address: your email address eg email@example.com
Account Type: select IMAP or POP3 from the drop-down menu
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing email server: mail.yourdomain.com
User Name: full email address eg firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: the password for this email account
Please, make sure, that the option ˜Require logon using Secure Password Authentication ( SPA ) is unchecked.
6) Click ˜More Settings
7) Go to the tab ˜Outgoing Server and check-mark the option ˜My outgoing server ( SMTP ) requires authentication ˜
8) Now go to the tab ˜Advanced and enter the following ports:
Incoming server ( if are using IMAP ): 993 port for SSL, 143 for TLS.
Incoming server ( if you are using POP3): 995 port for SSL, 110 for TLS.
Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 port for SSL, 26/587 port for TLS.
9) Click ˜Ok to return to the main window.
10) Click ˜Test Account Settings to check if everything entered is correct. If it is, you will see the statuses ˜Completed
11) If the test was successful, you can now click ˜Close to get back to the previous window.
Then click ˜Next and finish the setup.
|POP3 - SSL||995|
|IMAP - SSL||993|
|SMTP - SSL||465|