FTP stands for œFile Transfer Protocol. In order to transfer files to a server, you to need use a software known as a œFTP client. FileZilla is one such software for Windows and is free. (Mac users can use CyberDuck)
In this tutorial, we will show you how to use FileZillas œQuick Connect feature to transfer files to a web server.
FileZilla Quick Connect FTP
First download and install FileZilla from FileZilla-Project.org. Click on the œDownload FileZilla Client button. It is free.
- Open up your FileZilla program.
- On the top right, click File, then click Site Manager
- Click "New Site"and give the site a name.
- Fill in your FTP connection information.
Important! You will need to use the credentials for your cpanel
- Host: yourdomain.com
- Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol - Encryption: Use Plain FTP
- Login type: Normal
- User: your cpanel username
- Password: Your cpanel password
- Account: blank
- Comments blank
- Next, connect to your server by clicking Connect.
The pane on the left shows your local disk. The pane on the right shows your webserver. In the left pane, navigate to the files you want to upload. Using the left pane and then drag those files from the left pane to the right pane in public_html directory